If you think you need the holidays to shine, think again. Gold makeup is trending and is here to stay. With a number of ways to incorporate it into your beauty regimen, such as eyeliner, lip glaze and accessories, this romantic, feminine and versatile pigment is easy to wear for any occasion. Whether you are applying it to your skin, face, lips or eyes, the trick to wearing gold is using just the right amount.
Gold 101 – How to Work with Gold Makeup?
If you want to add some bronzer to your body, a shimmery highlighter is an excellent way to complement your arms and legs. It’s wise to apply these types of oils, creams, lotions and sprays once you are dressed to prevent them from rubbing off on your clothes. For your face, use a golden shimmer powder to lift and brighten any areas you want to draw attention to. If your skin is fairly light, you will want to apply more of a sheer to the high points of your face.
If you want to apply gold to the lips, stick to a neutral shimmery gold rather than a pure metallic. When using gold eye shadow or bronzer, avoid the gold lip. Instead, opt for a natural or pink pigment. For your eyes, stick to bronzy, orange warm tones, but be sure to include mascara and/or black liner to add depth and a sensual look. Here are some more tips on how to work with gold makeup:
- If you choose a bright yellow gold for your lips, go neutral with the eyes and cheeks.
- Be adventurous and try using gold and neutral patterns for your nails.
- Add a touch of gold eye shadow to your eyebrow for a two-tone look. This can also help darken up those light brows.
- A bit of gold shadow in the center of the lip can accent any shade of lip colour.
- Dust the face with gold shimmer to highlight your features and give it a bit of a glow.
- Take the gold trend from your face to your nails with gold glitter nail polish.
- Apply a bit of gold on the eyelids to complement your warm and olive skin tone.
- Different shades of gold on either your cheeks and eyes, or on lips and cheeks work well together.
- Remember to prime your face and apply foundation properly before using a gold highlighter or bronzer on your cheeks, as the shimmer will draw attention to large pores and other skin imperfections.
Learn More About the Makeup Diploma Program at Your Local Cosmetology School in Toronto
Canadian Beauty College, a leading makeup school in Toronto, offers comprehensive and professional training in makeup artistry. Both our Makeup Artist Certificate and Makeup Artist Diploma program provide students with theory and cutting edge practical training to prepare them for the exciting world of cosmetics. Students will learn how to deliver basic and advanced makeup applications, as well as all of the latest techniques in the industry.
Whether you wish to specialize in bridal, runway, camera, period styles, theater makeup, or creative makeup design, our highly skilled and experienced instructors provide the best support to ensure you excel in your career with confidence.
If you enjoy working with makeup and wish to professionally excel in this growing industry, give us a call at 1-866-720-4920. You can also request information online about our makeup school in Toronto.